Kai. Amdar Brahmdevdada Mane Shikshan Va Samajik Pratisthan, Belati, Sanchalit
Brahmdevdada Mane Polytechnic, Belati, Solapur
(Approved by AICTE,New Delhi,recognized by Govt. of Maharashtra & Affilated to M.S.B.T.E.
Welcome to Committee Section
Grievance Redressal Committee
The function of the cell is to look into the complaints lodged by any student, and judge its merit. The Grievance cell is also empowered to look into matters of harassment. Anyone with a genuine grievance may approach the department members in person, or in consultation with the officer in-charge Students’ Grievance Cell. In case the person is unwilling to appear in self, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box of the Grievance Cell at Administrative Office. Grievances may also be sent through e-mail to the officer in-charge of Students’ Grievance Cell.
The objective of the Grievance Cell is to develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to maintain a harmonious educational atmosphere in the institute.
A Grievance Cell should be constituted for the redressal of the problems reported by the Students of the College with the following objectives:
1. Upholding the dignity of the College by ensuring strife free atmosphere in the College through promoting cordial Student-Student relationship and Student-teacher relationship etc.
2. Encouraging the Students to express their grievances / problems freely and frankly, without any fear of being victimized.
3. Suggestion / complaint Box is installed in front of the Administrative Block in which the Students, who want to remain anonymous, put in writing their grievances and their suggestions for improving the Academics / Administration in the College.
4. Advising Students of the College to respect the right and dignity of one another and show utmost restraint and patience whenever any occasion of rift arises.
5. Advising All the Students to refrain from inciting Students against other Students, teachers and College administration
6. Advising all staffs to be affectionate to the Students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
7. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited in and outside the institution. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules should be urgently brought to the notice of the Principal.
The cell will deal with Grievances received in writing from the students about any of the following matters:
1. Academic Matters: Related to timely issue of duplicate Mark-sheets, Transfer Certificates, Conduct Certificates or other examination related matters.
2. Financial Matters: Related to dues and payments for various items from library, hostels etc.
3. Other Matters: Related to certain misgivings about conditions of sanitation, preparation of food, availability of transport, victimization by teachers etc.
1. The cases will be attended promptly on receipt of written grievances from the students
2. The cell formally will review all cases and will act accordingly as per the Management policy
3. The cell will give report to the authority about the cases attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
Procedure for lodging complaint :
1. The students may feel free to put up a grievance in writing/or in the format available in the admin dept. and drop it in boxes
2. The Grievance Cell will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
3. The Grievance Cell will assure that the grievance has been properly solved in a stipulated time limit provided by the cell.
Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May, 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging:
1. Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
2. Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets, or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and / or penalty, which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
3. Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
4. It is brought to the notice of the Institutions, students and other various stakeholders that ragging is a criminal offence and UGC has framed regulations, on curbing the menace of ragging in higher educational institution, in order to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging.
For gender equality & gender justice in all its intervention & practices Woman Grievance Redressal Cell was established. The Cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students & staff about Women’s Grievances at bmp Poly.
According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behaviour, such as:
1. Physical contact and advances
2. Demand or request for sexual favors
3. Sexually Colored remarksv
4. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The functions of the cell are to purely safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members of women and also to provide a platform for listening to complaints. The Cell also tries to incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college. It tries to equip them with the knowledge of their legal rights and redressal of their grievances. TO facilitate speedy delivery of justice, meetings are organized regularly. The counselling cell processes oral and written complaints. Time to time the cell conducts seminars and lectures by specialists and eminent personalities to stop violence against women, sexual harassment at work and about health, hygiene etc.
1. To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
2. To Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell has been formed to resolve issues
3. To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
4. To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
5. To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressal of grievances.
6. To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
7. To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
S1. tudents report their grievance to their Class Representative or Women's Cell committee members.
Any member found to have harassed another member or guest will be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedure action, including reprimands, suspension or termination of membership.
Complaint and Redressal mechanism:
1. After knowing grievance of students, class Mentor discusses it with the HOD and then an appropriate solution is found out. If not solved at this level then grievance is taken up to the Principal and legal advisor.
2. The complainant shall be summoned to hear complaints (if necessary).
3. After hearing of complaints, the committee shall take appropriate decision.